- Is your school full? Is there a space available?
- How much is your tuition?
- Does my child’s nationality make him or her eligible for your school?
- Can I assume that my child will be accepted if he or she meets the nationality requirements?
- What documents will we be asked to show for admission to your school?
- Do I need to translate my documents if they are not in English?
- When can my child apply to your school?
- How long will it take to complete the admissions process so that my child can begin school?
- What are the application fees and when do I pay?
- When do I get answers after completing the admissions process?
- If my child was denied admission, can we apply again?
- Does my child need to already speak English to attend your school?
- Does my child need to be toilet-trained to attend your school?
- I have more than one child. Will they all be accepted together?
- I have a question that is not answered here. Who do I contact?
We do have a limit to the number of students in each class, and the number of classes at each age level. At times, there may not be space available at a certain campus or in a certain age level. Please contact Victoria Chen, the Admissions Coordinator, to find out what space is available currently: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please prepare the following documents:
- Student Passport
- Student Visa page
- First Parent/Guardian passport and visa page (1 copy for each child)
- Second Parent/Guardian passport and visa page (1 copy for each child)
- 1 passport-sized photograph of the student
- 1 passport-sized photograph of each parent/guardian
- School records (grade reports/transcripts) from the previous 2 years (with English translation if necessary)
- Student's immunization records
We make every attempt to make the admissions process as quick as possible. There are “busy seasons” that can make the admissions process take several days, or at other times the admissions process can proceed in just a few days. You can make the process go faster by having your documents ready, and being available for the soonest appointments offered.
A non-refundable 2,100 RMB application fee, per child, is due at the time of the Admissions appointment. This fee is non-refundable and must be paid in cash. Tuition is invoiced after your child begins school. A non-refundable deposit of 15,600 RMB is due within 10 working days of an acceptance offer to secure the space.
Younger children do not need to be English speakers when beginning at our school (they will be speaking English very quickly after joining us thanks to our Intensive English program!). Students applying to the secondary school must show a certain level of English proficiency. Students who are joining us at age 12 or 13 will need to be ready to reach the secondary English proficiency level before starting secondary (high) school.
The preschool requires that all children are no longer wearing diapers and can use the toilet. Support is given so that children can become independent in the bathroom. Details on our toilet independence policy will be available in the interview – please be sure to understand what support we give to our youngest learners when you have the interview!